Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The missing 'i' in the bad word.

I'm having fun now, being despondent over a bad review. It's a new experience. One I've been looking forward to for a long time with a certain amount of excitement.

How do people who write real books get through all this stuff? Do you just have to be a complete sh*t with the arrogance?

Oh, I got very tired at this stage with the last story too. You really don't want to read the negative things that I could write just now. I'll shut up.

Watch this animation that my friend Crista pointed out instead. I love the bit with the bicycle turning in the wind, and the Avocet. I had a bit of a thing about Avocets when I was a child.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful piece of animation, I made my wife stop doing her homework to watch it with me. I think your work is amazing and I wait with baited breath to see what marvelous thing you will do next. Have you seen this piece of animation, Golem, from Isreal? If you get a chance to see it tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12bJ2mNrfo

Dave Shelton said...

"How do people who write real books get through all this stuff? Do you just have to be a complete sh*t with the arrogance?"

A wise man once said:"Sometimes you have to embrace your inner arsehole."

Oh, wait, it wasn't a wise man at all, it was me.

That animation is heartbreaking. Beautiful and wondrous and heartbreaking.

Joel Stewart said...

Isn't it?

The image of embracing one's inner arsehole is less so...

Joel Stewart said...

Oh, and thanks eric. It's the writing I get stressed about. I can see lots of flaws in my drawing and somehow I accept them. But writing I get so nervous about.

The animation. I'm afraid I switch off at the merest hint of that kind of 3d animation. It just isn't for me.

Unknown said...

I understand your boredom with 3D animation, while I was watching the piece you posted I was thinking that it was aesthetically superior to Golem. I find this across the board for 2D and 3D and I don't know why.