Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wrapping Up



I'm sure I had short hair and was clean shaven (and had working feet) when I began this book... Apologies to anyone I owe e-mail, phonecalls, violin recordings. I haven't been much of a person in weeks.
Anyway, the book is done done at last (bar changes, endpapers, and cover but that's always a separate project in itself). I worked all weekend and sent it off yesterday. It's called Red Ted and the Lost Things and is written by Michael Rosen. I'm not sure when it will be published.

Open brackets:

Shall I keep it? Close brackets.

Now I'll take a bit of a rest and then begins work on the tv show. I won't be able to publish much about that here since I have to sign confidentiality papers etc.

In other news: I think I'm going to learn how to make my own wooden-soled shoes in the style of British Clogs, since I've tried every shoe in London and nothing much helps with my foot. Anyone know where I can get some Sycamore logs?



Oh and obviously the violin on this recording of Poor Lazarus by the Jangadeiros has nothing to do with me, and the windy-mountain-top guitar solo nothing to do with Greg Box. Yo Zushi is right out of the picture too.

I'm pretty sure it is me playing the accordion in this video though, and maybe some of the electric guitar? It's my banjo Yo is playing as well. But Zoe gets to do all the running about on the beach...



Online Videos by Veoh.com

8 comments:

Rex said...

Keep it! Its not a true beard until at least 3 chaffinches have nested in it.

Joel Stewart said...

I'm promised beards birds for christmas if I keep it...

Hello! I didn't know about your blog. So much exciting stuff!

Think I'm going to buy that new computer we discussed in the next few weeks.
See you soon, somehow.

Joel Stewart said...

Beard-birds I mean.

Anonymous said...

What size are your feet ? I have a clog collection remember ! Cathy
p.s. don't keep it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, get your hair cut you dirty hippy!

Joel Stewart said...

Oh hi Cathy, my feet are a 9 (43) or a 10 (44).
In the end I think I need to redesign the sole to help take the pressure from my toe, but any way that I can try some proper clogs first would be helpful. I've ordered a set of cheap factory made dutch ones that I can saw up and modify, which I might one day send to Trefor with a view to making some custom ones... blah blah...

PS.
Votes are running with keeping for now...

Joel Stewart said...

Rowan, look at your ident photo and who's talking!

xJ

produção said...

Beautifull this song... and also the video! It made me dream on a sad day...
great joel, keep that beard:)