Thursday, May 28, 2009

Because my face betrayed a smile

News news.

My old friend Tim Spooner's gallery show and performance was a work of, I'm going to say it, genius (spelled it wrong for a moment there which might've punctured the gravitas...). There were lots of old friends attending, including Tim's also genius of a dad Paul Spooner, and it was overwhelming. Here's a few pics I hope Tim won't mind me posting.





On monday I played violin for Matthew Robins in front of the Tate Modern (not the national theatre as stated in the last post...) with Tim operating the shadows for the shadow show. The tent we were using was the Plato tent, since it was shadow themed...
Afterwards we stumbled on John Hegley playing Mandolin and doing poems and songs.

Tonight I'll see Alasdair Roberts at Bush Hall. Click here for some lyrics from his new record. They're good ones...

And then next week I'm suddenly going to an animation festival in Croatia with Matilda and Steve, who are the co-writers of my tv-show.
Here is a really funny comic that Matilda made. The three of us have all serendipitously purchased large eyewear (not unlike those sported by Paul Spooner in the above link) and are a sight to behold whilst beholding sights. We'll behold some sights in Zagreb, I'll be bound.






(They're choosing sandwiches).








(I'm working in homemade sketchbooks at the moment, so I can choose different papers. Hence, no yellow moleskin colour...)

No comments: